Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only?

Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 14 Dec 2008 16:15 #2539

• biketriad
  • Administrator
  • It's not that I have to do this, it's that I can.
Does anyone know if they plan to offer this again this year for us after it closes to cars? I haven't seen anything about it and I remember some chatter last year about it possibly being the last time they'd do it for us.
Anyone know the details for it this year?
"Big deal. When she can fall from a tree and land on her feet, then I'll be impressed."

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 16 Dec 2008 02:29 #2554

Yes the MS Society is going to have the Festival of Bike again this year at Tanglewood. The date is January 3, 2009. Below is what they sent out on ther flyer

For one night only, Tanglewood Park will be close to cars ad open to bicycles. For $3 a person, you and your family can come celebrate the New Year with aleisurely four-mile bike ride the the Tanglewood Festival of Lights.

Children are welcome, but to ride, they must be accompanied by n adult. Helmets are required. Riders are advised to rememer that it will be dardk. Headlights and taillights are recommended to help othe cyclists see you and help you see the route.

Rides begin at 6:00 pm, with the last ride leaving at 8:00 pm. Rders need to lan to spend twenty minutes registering and listening to a brief safety talk. Pre-registration is not required.

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 20 Dec 2008 05:40 #2614

• biketriad
  • Administrator
That's cool because it actually falls on a Saturday night then this year! I say this every year, but if you haven't seen the lights by bike, you haven't really seen them! I know it sounds cheesy, but it's still a fun, unique experience by bike.
"Big deal. When she can fall from a tree and land on her feet, then I'll be impressed."

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 20 Dec 2008 06:55 #2621

• Bud
  • Platinum Member
For a local and free festival of lights, try the neighborhoods between Elam, Aycock, Friendly, and Walker Ave in Greensboro, better known as Sunset Hills.

I saw a train line of bikers ride through there last night.

Be careful though, some motorists ride through with their lights off and are gazing at the lights. Not smart for anyone.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Libby

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 20 Dec 2008 08:04 #2627

• Spanky
  • Gold Member
  • " Remember You Can't Fix Stupid"
Yep they have the lights in the trees--pretty cool except for the drivers:angry:

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 20 Dec 2008 15:20 #2632

• biketriad
  • Administrator
That is what is so great about the Tanglewood thing...no cars to worry about not paying attention and running you down. Once you are on the bike there, you can just ride and oooh and ahhh...instead of Ahhhgggghh....ARRgghhhh.. ..when some car grazes you !!!

Re:Tanglewood Festival of Lights for Bikes only? 20 Dec 2008 19:13 #2638

• Spanky
  • Gold Member
  • " Remember You Can't Fix Stupid"
I agreeB) I am leaning toward doing the ride may see if the family will go with me
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds